Answer my linguistics question, get prize.

I apologize in advance for the convoluted nature of this question.

Suppose you had a conselor friend named Gether and a female aquaintance who was somewhat emotional. While writing a friend about a travelling predicament, you end up with this sentence:

"We need to get her together to get her to Gether."

The letters "together" are typed, in order, four times in a row and the sentence is still understandable. Is there a name for this? Other examples?

Also, and this is only mildly related, in primary school I remember puzzles that involved finding words within sentences. These hidden words were sometimes broken up by spaces, such as: "Mark and ABE ARe in the woods when they are eaten by this." (bear) Does this have a name?

No comments: